The Zemo Partnership’s annual conference – the organisation’s first since its transition from LowCVP – will be held online on Tuesday 20th July 2021, with Energy Now a media partner.
Following last year’s successful event, Zemo Partnership will use the latest in digital conferencing technology, to maximise the opportunities for interactivity, information sharing and networking.
This year, the annual conference is being held in association with Net Zero Week, a government and industry-backed national awareness week, taking place between 17th – 23rd July, designed to be a focal point for generating awareness and much needed momentum for businesses and consumers.
Conference theme and speakers
Following the UK Government’s 2030/5 petrol/diesel phase-out announcement, the ratcheting up of 2035 greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets and the publication of the long-awaited transport decarbonisation plan, the conference will examine whether the plan includes actions that will enable us to deliver the medium and long-term targets and what this transition will mean for road users and other stakeholders. Contributors will be invited to offer ideas on the challenges to the successful delivery of the plan and actionable proposals for removing barriers to their achievement.
Key topics such as whether the transport decarbonisation plan sets the UK on a trajectory to zero transport emissions; what the key barriers to achievement of the plan’s provisions are and how can these be removed; what the transport changes to come mean for individuals and groups of road users and what the Zemo Partnership be doing to accelerate progress, will be discussed by leading figures from across the sector, including:
- James Murray, Editor-in-Chief, Business Green (Host)
- Rachel Maclean MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport
- Dr Bob Moran, Deputy Director, Head of Environment Strategy, Dept for Transport
- Sir Dieter Helm CBE, Professor, Economic Policy, Oxford University
- Ben Lane, Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer, Zap-Map
- Magnus Hammick, Chief Operating Officer, Green Biofuels Ltd
- Shamala Evans-Gadgil, Programme Manager, Coventry City Council
- Claire Haigh, Founder & CEO, Greener Transport Solutions
- Sam Clarke, Chief Vehicle Officer, Gridserve
- David Bunch, UK Country Chair, Shell
The conference is free to attend – for more information and to register please visit the organisation’s website.