- This event has passed.
Next steps for UK agriculture policy and funding
June 23 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An online conference discussing key issues for agriculture policy and funding in the UK.
Areas for discussion:
- Practicalities: the Environmental Land Management (ELM) scheme, payment for public goods in areas like environmental and animal welfare standards, and support during the transition period
- The impact of any changes on farm finance, further support that might be needed for the sector to reach net-zero emissions and sustainable practices in devolved nations
- Farm finance and the overall payment process – what lessons can be learnt from the direct payment system under CAP
- Monitoring and measuring environmental standards and disseminating best practice
- The evolving regulatory landscape, food security and productivity, and options for creating a system that promotes sustainability, stewardship, and efficient and competitive farming; and
- Issues for smaller farms and those with limited adaptive capacity.